I just got my Samsung Galaxy SIII today and have been playing around with it, and setting it up for a few hours now. I thought that I would share how I like to get a new phone running.
- Login to my Google Account so that I can get my WLAN key.
- Access my WLAN using the key.
- Set up audio and display settings along with security settings.
- Installing Firefox from Google Play and ownCloud client from apk.
(Set up Firefox Sync and login to ownCloud)
- Remove some of the bloatware.
- Install the rest of the applications that I need, and want.
Prey(!), Ultimate Guitar Tab, Google Reader, Wunderlist, bank app, Wikipedia, transit app, ConnectBot, Fing, Scrobbler, and much more.
- Setting up all my other accounts (e-mail, calendar, Twitter, and so on).
- Set up Prey!
- Remove the rest of the bloat and apply some nice tweaks.